Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fast, Easy Yet Tasty 1

Banana Milk (Shikran)
I am starting my cookery posts with a recipe of white colour. In India,white coloured recipes are thought to be Auspicious. Banana tree is supposed to be the symbol of Abundance. Sweets are distributed at any Joyous occasion. In Marathi language this recipe is called "Shikran". This recipe brings back to me my childhood memories. Because Banana Milk is loved by children back in Maharashtra, India.

Ingradients
1 Mediumsized ripe Banana
1 Cup milk
1 Teaspoon Sugar

Procedure
Peel and cut Banana in small pieces. Add them to a cup of milk. Add sugar. Mix together. Shikran is ready.

Shikran is eaten with Chapati in Maharashtra. It can be eaten with bread or as breadspread. According to my culture Banana has digestive property and it alliviates stomach acidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment