Thursday, September 1, 2011

Modesty is One of the Best Policies.

After doing my Masters in Chemistry, I started teaching in a degree college. Then I decided to go in research field. On my last day of teaching in college, one senior Professor told me, "Where ever you go Madame, do not leave your simplicity". The Profeesor was a man of few words. So I always remembered his words and tried to be simple in many of the aspects of my life.

Once I was reading and experimenting with the famous book "I Ching". In the end it was written,
 "Only Modesty Will Win".

Recently, We experienced the Dance of Hurricane Irene. In my Marathi culture there is a saying, "Mahapure (In high floods) Zade (trees) Jati (Go to dust), Tethe (At that time) Lavale (Moss) Wachati (Lives). It means proud and rude people have few friends at the time of calamity, but A Modest Person has whole world as his friend all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment